Friday 1 April 2016

Caressed by Shadows by Amanda J Greene - Review



After having read my way through the first box-set of this series and loving all the dark and dangerous, sexy vamps and their heroic heroines; and, I feel, being very forgiving of the lack of editing, missing words and the formatting issues, I just can’t do it anymore.

I was looking forward to Sir Falcon's and Queen Sonya’s story.  I’ve loved him from the beginning; his honour, his patience and his dedication.  And Sonya, a warrior Queen, dangerous, seductive and sexy (and in this instance, the heroine was not a virgin – yay, go 21st century!), I’ve always wanted them to get together.  But for me the story was ruined.  I’m a slow, methodical reader.  I read every word.  And when, in the heat of the moment, I have to interpret the authors meaning because words used are incorrect or missing, the narration becomes rather clunky and it gets very annoying.

Don’t get me wrong, Amanda has created a rollicking yarn and I’m truly on board with all the characters and the world she’s put them in, but the story suffers and I don’t like that it’s let down by an oversight such as this.

Will I be forgiving enough to read a further story?  I’m not sure.  I really want to know what’s going on with Gabriel.  Will he rescue the lovely Jordan from the clutches of the diabolical Boras before he makes her a bleeder; and with Silvie, the Shaw Priestess, and the hunky vampire, Gannon, who is forbidden to her because all Shaw women in such position must remain chaste (yeah, right – how archaic).  Of course I want to know how she manages to get around this stipulation.  So yeah, I probably will. And I know very few manuscripts are perfect, the odd word error or misuse in the context they’re (there, their) written.  I’m not a grammar fiend, I’m not expecting perfection.  I would, however, in this instance appreciate a little more respect as a reader and someone who is paying money (although, of course if I’m honest, these books are not expensive – but does that really matter) for these books to receive a little more editorial attention before they grace the seller’s bookshelves.

««1/2

Sydney Whyte

Rating Chart
«……………….A no goer
««……………Alright, but not a re-read
«««………..Liked it
««««…….Loved it

«««««Amaze-balls – ticks all the boxes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment