Thursday 17 September 2015

Germany and some Cake

In Dresden we all got taken out for coffee and cake - I had tea, of course, coz I'm not a coffee person...  The 'cake' was more like dessert, I thought, as it had berries and a custardy middle but I guess as it had a spongy/cake base & crumble on top, it could be called 'cake'.  It was yum by the way - went down in about five seconds flat.

Having finished rummaging through Neuschwanstein's fairytale castle, I had to have 'cake' for lunch just to top off the event... so I had cheese 'cake' - again it could be construed as dessert - but as it has 'cake' in the name, it's definitely cake. Right?  This piece was huge but the filling was so light and fluffy it was melt in the mouth delicious.  What a treat.

Black Forest Cake - so iconic!  So of course we had to have Black Forest Cake when travelling through Germany's Black Forest.  I actually ate my scrumptious portion so quickly, I was too fast on the uptake to remember to take a picture.  The nice gentleman who gave us the cake for free, kindly shared the recipe with all of us so if I want it again I can make it myself... (If I do I promise to share a picture, although I bet it won't look anything like this one).

No comments:

Post a Comment