Tuesday 2 February 2016

Charmed: Episode Five (Demon Gate Series) by Nicholas Bella


“Oy, Brian… honestly, sometimes I just wanna smack your pussy-arse upside the head.  Your warped sense of submission is quite frankly irritating to say the least.  Who’s the servant and who’s the master is just a matter of perception and you need to get with the programme.  Who directs the fricking horse?  Um, yeah, that’d be the rider!”

Okay, enough said.  I’m not a crazy person, actually.  I do know the book is fiction and Brian is just a figment of Nicholas Bella’s amply endowed imagination.  Kudos to him that he can get me so frustrated with a fictional character because Brian’s acting… well, I guess, just like a real person would in his situation, but I’m a little tired of all the sulking and whining and the perceived slight to his masculinity, because he doesn’t want to be ‘the girl ’ – read ‘submissive’ here.  Honestly, like that’s even true – any femme fatale would tell his attitude to take a hike, and grow a set.

Can’t say this was my favourite episode so far – I’m hoping it’s just a transitional period and in the next he pulls out of it.  I liked Brian far better in Hijinks (««««1/2 for that one, btw) when he was coming to terms with his relationship with Raphael and taking his lumps from Adriel just ‘like a man’.  He seemed to realise his power there, and then somehow in this episode he lost it.  I was sorely disappointed too, with all of his blunders – but I guess you’ve got to learn and grow, and just as painful as his failures were for him to experience, it was painful for me to read it too – only because I am invested now.

And besides the hot, harrowing sex-capades, that is one of the things I like about Nicholas Bella’s books, the ability to draw you in and really root for characters that often are very flawed and perhaps even, sometimes, a little ‘evil’.

«««1/2
Sydney Whyte

Rating Chart
«……………….A no goer
««……………Alright, but not a re-read
«««………..Liked it
««««…….Loved it

«««««Amaze-balls – ticks all the boxes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment