Wednesday 3 February 2016

Red River (Pack Collection) by Cardeno C.


While knowing full well that this is a M/M Shifter Romance and that while reading Paranormal in general all belief must be suspended; and even knowing that for the story as written to have a ‘happy’ ending it was somewhat necessary, it just went a little too far for me and teetered precariously on being silly.

I can handle the premise of mates in the paranormal genre being ‘fated’, it’s neither new nor particularly unique, and I’m okay with that.  I’m okay with the intensity of feeling experienced in such romances as these, be it straight or gay, and I’m really rather fine with ‘sharing’ the heated consequences of its expression – totally fine with it actually.  But the conclusion to this little novel of Cardeno C’s left me feeling a little bit disappointed… sort of like when I am exposed to some feminist sentiment where they advocate that there is no use in the world for men.

Undoubtedly I’m just being a little precious (hey, it’s allowed – these are my feelings), and having read other totally satisfactory offerings from this author in his other scintillating – Hope Collection & Home series, nothing untoward or suggestive was probably meant by it.  I guess I’m just a little jealous God didn’t see fit to offer us women the same facility as Cardeno C. offered to Wesley.

««

(««««« for the luscious cover though… it is hot!)

Sydney Whyte

Rating Chart
«……………….A no goer
««……………Alright, but not a re-read
«««………..Liked it
««««…….Loved it

«««««Amaze-balls – ticks all the boxes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment