Friday 3 June 2016

Opportunity: Kingdom of Ara: Episode Three by Nicholas Bella - Review


The name says it all.  Opportunities lost; opportunities gained.

Nicholas Bella has once again woven a nail biting tale.  Scheming wolves, an epic battle sequence; lofty and dangerous dragons, violence and subjugation, the testing of loyalties and super ‘supe’ sexiness.

Though this episode offered sadness and loss, it also offered hope and even a hint of mercy.  The way some of the characters endured their punishment earned them my greatest respect.  It also offered an insight into the very genetics of the supe world that the author has created for us, answering many questions that fans were no doubt wondering about… the strengths of the beings that populate New Haven; and their weaknesses.  It gave insights into the loyalties and the closeness and love between old friends, into the power of Theoden and the blood connection he has with his children.

While some curiosity was assuaged, more was engendered.  It tickled us with hints of future possibilities.  Will those now in despair turn it into success… the germ is there; all they need do is reach out and take it?  If they have the courage they can turn submission into a reward.  It may take an adjustment in mind-set but that is the opportunity that they are now afforded.

While I apologise for being purposefully vague – I don’t want to spoil this highly anticipated episode for anyone – all I can say is that it played my emotions beautifully, fear, anxiety, sadness, empathy, relief, pride and satisfaction.  A must read for all the fans of this author and anyone who loves all things dark paranormal, violent and super sexy.

On a more personal level, I confess to just having one quibble.  While I know this tale could not be written adequately from his perspective, I wanted more of Noel.  He was the beginning of this story for me and I now feel a disconnect.  Don’t get me wrong, I love all the characters Nicholas has woven through this series but I find myself missing him in particular in this episode.  But still a stellar five star read, none-the-less.

«««««
Sydney Whyte

Rating Chart
«……………….A no goer
««……………Alright, but not a re-read
«««………..Liked it
««««…….Loved it

«««««Amaze-balls – ticks all the boxes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment