Saturday 18 July 2015

Shattered by You (Tear Asunder Book 3) By Nashoda Rose – Review


Apart from Jamie Fraser in Diana Gabaldine’s Outlander series I have very seldom bought into the ‘Book-boyfriend’ ethos – not so now!

Crisis!  Yeah Crisis – sorry Nashoda, hate that nick-name; hate most nick-names actually, just not part of my psyche though must admit, ‘Ice’ as a term of endearment for Haven was kind of cool - but the dude is gorgeous and I don’t just mean the way he appears in my imagination, he’s freaking mouth-watering on paper.  And it has nothing to do with any Rock Star status.  I’m just not groupie material.  So…

‘Shattered by You’ is by far my favourite book in the Tear Asunder series, and it’s all down to Vincent, and how awesome he is.  Okay in the previous books he might have come across as a bit shallow (perhaps a lot shallow, like in a dick-head, man-whore), but he was definitely the light relief amidst all the drama.  With the themes so dark, he was definitely necessary – loved that potty mouth even then.

Turns out, out of all the band members so far he is the most likeable and in this instance this is definitely still the case.  Tongue-in-cheek conceited, funny, caring, determined and serious.  As far as I was concerned he was the only one for Haven.  For him she always came first.  Without knowing all the details of what had befallen her, he still understood her and was able to help her through the chill, disassociation and terrors that plague her mind.

Haven, I loved her too.  With all that had happened in her life, I loved her determination to overcome and even though she didn’t go about it the right way, it was completely understandable.
This was a wonderful story of love and redemption, and the gaining of trust and realising the beauty of family even if not all the members were blood.

Being the kind of person who re-visits over and over again, the characters and stories that take me like they’re old friends, I will definitely be reading this book again.

«««««


SW

Rating Chart

«……………….A no goer
««……………Alright, but not a re-read
«««………..Liked it
««««…….Loved it
«««««Amaze-balls – ticks all the boxes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment