Monday 2 May 2016

Chance (book 7 in the Demon’s Gate series) by Nicholas Bella - Review


*Doing a happy little dance*

I shouldn’t say this but getting so wrapped up in a story and trying to anticipate where the author might be taking you, coming up with scenarios and thoughts like some crazy, obsessive fan-girl, and then getting it right can, in some instances, be such a fucking turn on!  Finished this book and went, “Haha, I fucking knew it!”

Don’t get me wrong.  I’m not saying this author is predicable.  No, no never, because he can hit you with the most unexpected twists and turns, but in this instance my usually slow arse just picked up the clues.  However on that subject will I say no more…

What I will say is the tone of 'Chance' was in some ways refreshingly different.  Yes, it was sexy as fuck, that is a given with this author.  It contained the prerequisite gore, bloodthirstiness and demony-angst that all his fans require in a Nicholas Bella novella.  Something scary has arrived, but something more terrifying is coming, something that will shake the very foundations of all demondom upon the earth, and of course all humanity will get caught in the middle.  But beneath this mega doom and gloom Nicholas has imbued this novella with the sweetness of domesticity.  Brian and Raphael’s relationship can only be described as, “sooo cute”.  I know Raphael is a hard-arsed demon, and Brian is trying to be, but some of their interactions just created ‘awww’ moments for me and unlike the previous instalment ‘Lovelorn’ this time I really felt it - their connection - and I really enjoyed it.  It was like a pause, a breath of fresh air amongst the turmoil and I just loved it.  Honestly, I can’t wait for more.

Another five-star rating…

«««««

Sydney Whyte

Rating Chart
«……………….A no goer
««……………Alright, but not a re-read
«««………..Liked it
««««…….Loved it

«««««Amaze-balls – ticks all the boxes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment