Sunday 21 June 2015

I call this "Offering"

Not so long ago a reader mentioned to me that they appreciated the fact my book GBG – Drawn, was written extensively from ‘The female gaze’.  Call me ignorant (and you probably will) but I had no clue what that even meant.  I’m female, I wrote it so yeah – definitely.  However, after some sleuthing through the internet and chowing down on blogs critiquing, criticizing, condemning, condoning, agreeing with and disagreeing with both the reality or non-existence of both the male and female gazes, I’ve decided the book is actually just ‘My Gaze.’

So as this is my blog, I’ve decided to share some of ‘My Gaze’ with you.

A while back I had a rather raunchy picture on my laptop’s desktop and when my son went to use my laptop he laughed and said, ‘Not very subtle, Mum.”

So I went to look for something ‘subtle’ and came across this – the words are mine, the picture from Tumblr.  Unfortunately now I can’t locate the link again so I can’t share it with you, but hope you appreciate his beauty, just like I do.


(Please note, this picture was originally taken from a public forum, ie the internet.  If there is however, a copyright on the image that I have missed, or the owner does not wish for it to be displayed on this blog, please let me know and I will remove it)


PS, just to let you know that I haven’t caused my son irrevocable damage by his viewing of my original desktop, he is over 18, and a very open-minded chap when it comes to the images his mother might be looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment