Thursday 25 June 2015

Wicked Rider by Rebecca Zanetti

The blurb is right; the hero is to die for, dark and handsome and Irish – man that accent is so cool, shame I had to imagine it not having an audio version - I could almost hear it while reading those few times the author allowed it to roll off our hero’s tongue.  (Pity that it would have detracted from the easy flow of the reading if all the Irish dialogue couldn’t have been couched the same way).  

Lex, the heroine, on the other hand - to die for?  Not so much.  Most of the time I actually wanted to slap her for jumping to erroneous conclusions, but then I was in the know and she was not.  Jeez, I trusted Kellach Dunne immediately – he’s the hero, duh!  Although if she’d taken a moment to think about it she should actually have known better, she was supposed to be a level-headed cop.  I know, I know she’s been emotionally compromised by her hideous father’s behavior but still…

It was an action packed romp, however, fiery and dangerous.  Drugs (Apollo, a drug based on the witch killing mineral PK), guns, murder, betrayal, motor cycle clubs and cops, and a sexy male, but yes he, like most of Zanetti’s male protagonists, still hadn’t gotten over that annoying possessive ‘mine’ phrase they all seem to use.  One day I’m looking forward to a female saying it as she saves her mates arse for him – Simone I’m hoping.  When she gets her own place in the spotlight she better not be overcome with uncontrollable passion for some hot demon, but actually have him on his knees (so to speak) or I’ll be really pissed off.  I don’t mean I want a gun toting, magic welding female who puts males in their place either, brute strength isn’t everything and not the only way to rescue someone.  I’m just a wee bit over a dude looking at the female and she turning into a pile of lusty mush!

It was a good read, kept the attention, and worked well as a set up book for what is to follow with the real baddie still roaming loose and fancy free to wreak havoc on the witch population.  Looking forward to the next in the series.  Daire’s?  Will definitely keep an eye out for it.

PS, The little snippet at the end of the book from Zanetti’s ‘The Scorpius Syndrome’ was intriguing too.


««««

SW

No comments:

Post a Comment